Saturday, August 23, 2008

She Sang To Me

SHIP'S LOG
The schooner Anna-Maria, Port o' call - London
Somewhere upon the Atlantic Ocean

Honeymoon Trip, Day Four
August, 1888
Daybreak


Morning has broken, clear and pristine.
The sea is calm, the air is refreshing....rarely have I seen such a beautiful morning. Looking at this day from the way it is beginning, it promises to be a good day for sailing, and a good day for beginning the rest of my life.
Our lives.
For well have we weathered the storm of the night, Gabriella and I. She will not run from me, she will not leave. She has said as much and I believe her....for she sang to me.
Last night she sang to me.
I am filled with wonder at the depth of her love for me. More than that, I am humbled by her love. I cannot wait to begin this day because she will be in it with me.
I never thought to feel this way again.
I never thought I deserved it.
Gabriella has made me believe.
She has made me believe in love again, in the joy of the moment. She has made me believe in myself again, and that there is a future filled with possibilities.
Our future.

No comments: