Monday, July 28, 2008

This Is My Time

Aboard the Anna-Maria
SHIP'S LOG
Day Six


I never want this to end.
I dropped anchor at dusk last night and this morning awoke to witness the most glorious sunrise. I feel like I am reborn anew, even as this day is.
I swam to a small island that I could see from the deck of the Anna-Maria so that I might walk along the pristine sand there. I am in no hurry. This is, after all, my life.
And this is the first day of the rest of it.
I am on uncharted shores here, this I know, but I am not afraid. Even my disturbing dream has abated, moved to the back recesses of my mind, and I worry no more of its meaning.
It will surface when it is time and I will be ready and able to deal with it when it does. Or it will not come again.
Either way, I am at peace with it.
As I am at peace here.
Calm. Serene. Sane.
I have never felt so sane.
This is the time....this is my time....and I am ready for it.

 


No comments: