Sunday, July 20, 2008

A New Chapter

SHIP'S LOG
The schooner Anna-Maria, Port o' call - Benvenuto
Upon the Atlantic Ocean, north from the coast of Spain, long. 47.4, lat. 16.1
June, 1888
Bound for London, England
Day One

I feel as if I am beginning a new chapter in my life. 

I feel as if I have triumphed over the darkness that had gathered and threatened to destroy what time I had left, but the strange thing is....I do not feel as if I have done it alone....exactly. 

Not that I can say who...or what...has been with me, but there is a presence, if only my overwrough imagination, that I now follow.  Hardly do I care where it might lead, the point being that it has me on the move again, believing that there is something yet in life I am to accomplish, and given me a mild curiousity, that I admit is growing, as to what that might be.  Indeed, I find myself hopeful now as I look around the corner, excited to be expecting something more to do. 

The surprise has been that I am not to do it in Spain. 

 

No comments: