Monday, July 28, 2008

Bliss

Aboard the Anna-Maria
SHIP'S LOG
Day Four

BLISS

I am in love with her, I think.

The sea, I mean, of course. Today has been yet another glorious day with her, just she and I. I have not even bothered with the encumberance of dress, preferring instead to let the sun be my clothing. I shall offend no one, for there is no one to offend, save the dolphins that have decided to be my company.

I sighted them this morn when I climbed the rigging and stood near to the top, they were but a little way off my port side bow, running interference underneath the water's surface. For what, I could not say, but they stayed most of the morn right in place. Such sleek and graceful animals, I shook out the canvas and filled the sails, letting the Anna-Maria speed along to see if they would stay at her lead. They did, and I suspect thoroughly enjoyed the game, tossing their gleaming bodies up out of the water with ease, even at such a speed, then plunging back to the sea, dodging each other's bodies with lightning-like reflexes. What a gift, to be able to watch them as they moved in perfect harmony, one with the other, and even with the Anna-Maria, as they accepted her, and therefore me as well, as part of their world, without condition.

How simple it all seems at this moment.
How carefree, how blissful.
Even the haunting of my sleep seems but far removed and far, far less irritating, in the light of such a wondrous day.
I shall not dread the night, then, for empowered with such a day as I have had, I can deal with anything that comes to me in dreams.
I am strong now. She brings that to me. My joy, the sea.
And I am grateful to her.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/video/3002950470099960379

No comments: