Friday, May 25, 2012

Settling Into Life

Things have settled into routine.
And for once in my life, I feel completely at ease with it.
My life.   It has been a very long time since I have felt such....peace.
Perhaps, never.

Its partly to do with Gabriella, of course.
We hardly see each other in the days it seems, but as the night brings us together again, from whatever tasks the day has set for us to do, separate and apart from one another....as we return to the nest, like wayward sparrows flitting about in the light, being drawn back to the safety of home in the dark....I come back to her. I come back....home. She is that for me now, as she was before, as she always has been, since the times our souls crossed the burning sands for one another. We stand alone and apart for but a few breaths, we fall together to rest and restore each other's strengths in the after glow of our intimacy, our joining each night, of so much more than body.

But I am feeling a rhythm in the place that we have come together to call our home, an acceptance, a rightness of step, more than I have felt in any other place since Ashford. I have a grand idea for the upcoming carneval to be held in the marketplace. The Guardians are sponsoring it, for the benefit and revitalization of the shops and businesses in the area. I shared it with Kruger, he liked the thought, and now, I am busy making the dream become reality. That occupies all my waking thoughts, and my hands and feet as well, as I work on the bare bones of the drawings, and making the inquiries for various sources of building material that will be needed. I cannot help but be excited about this, not only for the benefit of the shopkeepers in the marketplace, but for the young of this city....well....not necessarily chronologically, I should say, all those young at heart. Everyone can be involved in this! But the children especially...I cannot wait to see Zander and Zoee on the day of the big reveal....share their excitement, watch them bubble over with joy!  Soon, now, I will present my plans to Gabriella, tell her of the idea, and ask for her help. I think she will agree, I think this will appeal to the artistic nature of her, and perhaps give her a way to heal, even more, from the wounds that our lives have inflicted, one upon the other.


I am ready to get on with the business of living now.
Correction. We.
She is with me. I am no longer The One, the Apostate.
I need to find her. I need to tell her.
We have things to do!

No comments: