Thursday, December 1, 2011

There Is No Moon

There is no moon here this night.
It matters not.
I cannot be still.
I pace in circles around the tree which I have claimed as my place of rest in these lands. Correction, God-forsaken lands.
For yet have I to see any resemblence of the Almighty, any reference to a sovereign deity by the....creatures....that I co-habitate with here....wherever here is. Vanessa might at least have told me the ways of things here, rather than just shove me toward that strange, vibrating ring of stones, finger pointing, with a haughty..."That way, lover"....before she vanished in a puff of smoke.
And I thought she liked me.

Could have been worse, I could be stranded alone and on foot, but as fate would have it, smiling on me for once, I was mounted on Duff, although he is not battlewise or as yet trained by my ways, like his sire. Ciardha, ah, but there is a true warhorse! Still, Duff is possessing of a raw and rare fire and strength, a mighty streak of potential to be seen in him, and what have I here, but time on my hands for the instruction he will require of me?
I digress.

Devil's trampling grounds, thats what I am making.
A mess of these bushes, a mess of her life. Nae, she already accomplished that.
She told me once twas not of her doing, mostly.
Fate held her in His mightly clutches, ripping at her heart, gashing at her flesh, churning in her head nightmares instead of allowing her sleep.
How she could only find rest in God's own joined Oneness, head upon my chest, my dreams hers, my breath hers, my peace....hers.
I believed her. Once.

Tonight again I hear likewise, from those gathered around who seem loyal to her, distressed to find her blood where she herself should have been, but no other remnant of her.
Was it her blood, in all truth?
Or merely her craft making them draw conclusions that were not honest?
She is a witch.
Do they not know what that means?
Or has she bewitched even their very sensibilities so they cannot see, hear, taste, feel, understand.....Gabriella.....

There is no god here to curse at, spit at, lay prostrate before in prayer, shaking with the thought of an answer.
I prayed for her. Once.
I cannot be still.
There is no moon here this night.
It matters not.

No comments: